Thursday, May 9, 2013

Accepted!!!

Accepted!!! Normally the graphic design rule is never use more than one exclamation point after a word or sentence...it's over used and not gramaticaly correct, however I can't contain my excitement. We're in.

We are moving to Japan. I got my acceptance email April 3rd, and it's been a flurry of activity and list making since then. Finally - a plan in place. I realize it's now May 9th, but with all the paperwork due, the scheduling of appointments and the new job to learn, it's just been all I can do to get these things done. I have met with one property management company and have another scheduled to tour the house this week. I've sold most of baby stuff from storage, packed up the Christmas decorations and things we won't need from the garage anytime soon, compiled a pile of garage sale items and stuff to sell on craigslist, as well as looked into storage options for my stuff.

Whew...we've been going places every weekend...Dallas Zoo, Ft Worth Japanese Garden for a festival, friends and families houses...and this weekend we are just planning on staying home. I'm looking forward to just having the weekend at home. I do have to clean and mow and do yardwork so that the property management company can come look at the house, but I need to do those things anyway. I've also been sewing like mad. I won't be bringing my sewing machine to Japan, so I'm trying to make all of C's school bags beforehand (note: not talking Randoseru here, but all the cloth bags the kids need). I've made him a lunch kit already, but the school bags are proving problematic. There doesn't seem to be a standard size, each school designates their own sizes and each for a very specific purpose...しょうがない.

This week I've been checking my email fanatically because placement results should be sent out soon. Very unproductive. Oh and just as an update, the job I was so excited about is mind-numbingly boring. I keep telling myself I'm almost 1/2 way through it..just hang in there. So much to do to be sitting at a desk all day where nobody talks to me. I think that's the part that gets to me the most...the lack of social interaction. Seriously, most of these people don't even leave their desks for lunch. 12:00 hits and I am out of there, I need some vitamin D, get away from that desk for awhile, and just to move around. I was not meant to work a desk job. All the more reason to put my goals into action...wait...put my plan into action so I can reach my goals. There that makes more sense.

The only thing I haven't found time for yet is a Saturday home-school Japanese Class for C. I really need to work on getting that into our schedule. So many things to do... ;) but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment